With the excitement of the new year comes something not so exciting, tax deadlines! Although no one likes to file taxes, it is simply too important to ignore. Below, we have compiled a list of tax deadlines for both employers & individuals. If you are thinking of offering health insurance
- January 31st – Form 1099-NEC (non-employee compensation), W-2s, W-3s (total of all W-2s), 941 (employer quarterly federal tax return)
- February 28th – Form 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns)
- March 1st – Form 1099-MISC (to file on paper to IRS)
- March 15th – Form 1065 (partnerships), 1120-S (S-Corps), 2253 (C-Corp))
- March 31st – Form 1099-MISC
- April 18th – Form 1040 (all individuals)
If you are thinking of offering health insurance to your employees, there are premium tax credits available exclusively through SHOP Covered CA for Small Businesses for two consecutive years. Tax credits are available to businesses with 25 or fewer employees with average annual wages under $56,000 per year. Employers can receive premium tax credits up to 50% of the employer contribution to employee health insurance, the amount dependent on the average employee annual wage with employer relatives excluded from the tax credits.
If your business is interested in seeing if you are eligible for premium tax credits from SHOP Covered CA, please contact us to review your plan options. At Solid Health Insurance, we strive to help find our clients the right health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance that best fits their medical needs and budget. Please contact us at 310-909-6135 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to better assist you.